Pipesmoking in Swedish films

Scenes from (I believe) two Swedish films from the 40s and 50s. It's an entirely subjective impression but pipes seem to have been intensely popular in Sweden and Swedish movies from the 1930s through the 1970s. Even if they weren't, there is something about Swedish women and pipesmoke that has always stirred me. Later on I'll post several pipe tobacco commercials from the 70s that support this and are quite alluring to watch.

A Swedish girl inhales his pipesmoke
 "I am captured by the aroma of your pipe. Take me. I'm yours."


A gorgeous woman sits as a man smokes his pipe
She sat close to her husband while he pondered their fate, puffing on his pipe.

______________________________

UPDATE: Neither of these scenes have anything to do with Sweden. They were just uploaded by a person from Sweden. The woman in the second pic is Gloria Grahame for crying out loud, one of my favorite noir actresses. How could I not have spotted her?


Comments

Popular Smokey Posts